We’re pleased to introduce the newest version of the Ruff Rider Roadie Travel Restraint!
The new, redesigned Roadie is specially designed, from the drawing board up, to be the best Canine Vehicle Restraint System – it is not a converted harness. We have over 15 years of experience in assuring your pet travels comfortably and safely and have incorporated new features for additional versatility in and outside of the vehicle.
Roadie features & benefits compared to others:
* Safety – any stress is placed on the chest instead of the neck of your dog
* Comfort – the tether/leash is adjustable and allows for movement
* Strength – webbing exceeds S.A.E. standards for human seat belts
* Convenience – easy to use, can be left on all day in and out of the car
* Vet Approved – designed with input from a veterinary orthopedic surgeon and design engineer
Researched and independently tested, Ruff Rider’s Roadie Canine Vehicle Restraint keeps the dog you love safe and secure while riding, braking or turning and afford the best protection in extreme situations.
It easily attaches to any vehicles seat belt system and the tether acts as a short walking leash for “pit-stops” and all around use. When not in the car the tether/leash can be rolled up and secured with the hook & loop closure.
Roadie is not designed to fit skin-tight like other harnesses – see the “two finger rule” below – the looser fit assures your dog stays comfortable and secure.
Dangers of Traveling with an Unrestrained Pet:
* If in a crash, an unrestrained pet can become stressed and aggressive, trying to bite paramedics or others who come to help
* If in a crash, an unrestrained pet can flee the vehicle and injure itself and/or cause another accident as vehicles try to avoid hitting the animal
* An unrestrained pet can distract the driver of the vehicle, causing the driver to crash
* The pet can become a projectile and potentially injure or kill both the pet and passengers if in a crash
The Roadie by Ruff Rider is the strongest most convenient safety system on the market. It is independently tested to human seat belt standards.
INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS FEET FIRST
INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS HEAD FIRST
Dog Harness Size GuideExtra Small
.....Weight - 6 -14 lbs.....Chest Size - 11.5" - 16"Small
.....Weight - 12 - 30lbs.....Chest Size - 16.5" - 24"Medium
.....Weight - 25 - 65 lbs.....Chest Size - 24.5" - 31"Large
.....Weight - 65-130 lbs.....Chest Size - 31.5" - 40"Extra Large
.....Weight - 130 - 150 lbs.....Chest Size - 40" - 45"